2010 is just around the corner, but before you ring in the New Year, take a look back at the top-rated SharePoint tips from 2009, with advice on governance, implementation and administration.
- Five truths you must know about SharePoint and Exchange
By Joel Oleson, Published 05/20/09
Dispelling the myths about Exchange email-archiving with SharePoint will improve content and document management efficiency.
- Don't do that with SharePoint
By Paul Galvin, Published 06/02/09
Steer clear of these traps to save yourself hours of unnecessary work in your SharePoint environment.
- How SQL Server recovery models impact your SharePoint databases
By Ross Mistry and Shirmattie Seenarine, , Published 08/03/09
SharePoint administrators can minimize data loss by selecting the appropriate SQL Server recovery model. But which model is right for your enterprise?
- Four steps to creating practical SharePoint governance standards
By Shawn Shell, Published 02/03/09
To keep their SharePoint environment under control, IT managers should create SharePoint governance standards.
- Myth busting for SharePoint novices
By Molnar, Published 08/17/09
New to SharePoint? With all the misinformation regarding this popular technology, the tip gives you the facts about its ease of use, what it's good for -- and its limitations.
- Document version control goes deeper in SharePoint 2007
By Brien M. Posey, Published 07/29/09
MOSS 2007 has the ability to differentiate between major and minor versions, but that adds to its complexity.
- Oops! I didn't do any capacity planning for SharePoint
By Stephen Cummins, Published 10/05/09
How do you handle capacity planning for SharePoint? What? You're not doing any at all? Well, you need to fix that. Here's how.
- Effective site provisioning for SharePoint
By Shawn Shell, Published 07/06/09
Site provisioning in SharePoint is easy, but it's often uncontrolled. By following a few of these recommendations, you can keep your SharePoint environment in check.
- Using SharePoint for ECM requires careful prep
By Agnes Molnar, Published 06/22/09
management system? It's got the features if you are willing and able to build it carefully.
- SharePoint usage reporting and the bottom line
By Stephen Cummins, Published 09/23/09
Are you receiving a positive ROI from your SharePoint implementation? Usage reporting can help you find out by tracking who is using it, how they are using it and why.