By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
A single SMS site cannot span multiple Active Directory forests, although it can span multiple domains within a single forest. All SMS site systems must be in the same Active Directory forest as the SMS site server. Be aware of limitations across forests and considerations in the following areas when you design your SMS hierarchy:
- Communications within an SMS site
- Site-to-site communications
- Client communications
- Secure key exchange
- You are using the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family
- The forest functional level is set to Windows Server 2003
- SMS is running in advanced security mode
- The forests are configured with a transitive trust
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Active Directory Design and Administration
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.