For the second question, you can set up clustering to work as a single node cluster, which will not use external storage. You will still need to use Windows 2000 Advanced server. You will need to run the cluster configuration wizard with a command line parameter "localqourum". Do the following:
- From the Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Click Cluster Service, and then click Next. Finish the setup.
- The Cluster Configuration Wizard is displayed. Click Cancel to cancel out of the Wizard, and then click Next to acknowledge the informational message about the need to run the cluster configuration later on.
- From %Systemroot%Cluster, run "cluscfg -localquorum". This starts the Cluster Service Configuration wizard.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.