By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Domain name is infotech.edu
1. Created a users using the users node in the domain infotech.edu
2. Created an OU called "Students" in the domain.
3. Created a security group called "2004Students" in the OU Students.
4. Added the users created in 1. to the security group "2004Students".
5. Created a Group Policy called "Folder redirection" using the OU "Students" properties sheet.
6. Edited the User configuration/Windows settings/folder redirection/My Documents/properties:
- changed to Advanced
- added the security group "2004Students" and set target folder (which was created before and shared with the security group "2004Students") using the %username% variable.
- applied changes.
Now when I log on from a client computer and type a doc, the my documents folder is NOT going to the server.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Group Policy Management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.