Ask the Expert

Giving London-based workers access to an application in a Spain office

I have an office in London and another in Spain. I need to give 2 people from my office access to the application in Spain. Would I use TS for this? And could I use this over a VPN? Is this what TS is used for?

    Requires Free Membership to View

They have a Windows 2000 server and Windows 2000 Pro machines, so would I need to buy any licenses?
It's certainly one thing you can use Terminal Services for and a way to make supporting those remote users much easier. You can indeed use RDP over a VPN -- that's a popular way to provide secure access to remote users. You will not need to buy additional TSCALs, but you will need to set up a license server. Please see the licensing white paper at for details.

This was first published in February 2004

There are Comments. Add yours.

TIP: Want to include a code block in your comment? Use <pre> or <code> tags around the desired text. Ex: <code>insert code</code>

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy
Sort by: OldestNewest

Forgot Password?

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an email containing your password.

Your password has been sent to: