- Open AD Users & Computers, right-click the Domain object, and select
Properties from the flyout menu.
- Select the Group Policy tab.
- Highlight the Default Domain policy and click Edit to open the Group Policy Editor. (You can also create another policy. In a larger organization with several OUs, it is preferable to have separate policies.)
- Expand the tree to User Configuration | Windows Settings | Scripts (Logon/Logoff).
- Double-click the Logon icon in the right pane.
- Click Add then Browse. Place your batch file in the location displayed in the Browse window, then select the script as a logon script. Save your changes.
- Log on at a W2K desktop and verify that you get the script.
This was first published in October 2001