By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- I installed two Windows 2000 Advanced Servers and set the namespaces.
- I installed DNS on London and created forward lookup zone nwtraders.msft and reverse lookup zone 1.168.192. Both zones are configured for dynamic updates.
- I created a new delegation for asia1.nwtraders.msft. I typed the server name and clicked resolve. I got an error message saying: "There is no NS record for the server." I entered the IP address 192.168.1.4 and finished the delegation.
- I did the same for reverse lookup zone.
- I changed the primary DNS server address of Banglore to local address 192.168.1.4.
- I installed DNS on Bangalore and created forward lookup zone asia1.nwtraders.msft and secondary reverse lookup zone for nwtraders.msft.
- I ran dcpromo.exe and installed domain controller on London for the domain nwtraders.msft.
- I ran dcpromo.exe and tried to install a child domain for nwtraders.msft, but it is giving me an error message saying it is not able to locate domain controller.
Please help me to solve this problem.
Dig Deeper on Domain Name System (DNS)
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.