- I installed two Windows 2000 Advanced Servers and set the namespaces.
- I installed DNS on London and created forward lookup zone nwtraders.msft and reverse lookup zone 1.168.192. Both zones are configured for dynamic updates.
- I created a new delegation for asia1.nwtraders.msft. I typed the server name and clicked resolve. I got an error message saying: "There is no NS record for the server." I entered the IP address 192.168.1.4 and finished the delegation.
- I did the same for reverse lookup zone.
- I changed the primary DNS server address of Banglore to local address 192.168.1.4.
- I installed DNS on Bangalore and created forward lookup zone asia1.nwtraders.msft and secondary reverse lookup zone for nwtraders.msft.
- I ran dcpromo.exe and installed domain controller on London for the domain nwtraders.msft.
- I ran dcpromo.exe and tried to install a child domain for nwtraders.msft, but it is giving me an error message saying it is not able to locate domain controller.
Please help me to solve this problem.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.