How do I create a network boot disk for an unattended installation of Windows2000Professional? Use the rbfg.exe...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
utility, as detailed here, and numerous white papers on the Microsoft Windows 2000 site - www.microsoft.com/windows2000, or in the various techtarget offerings. Briefly, you would do the following:
- From the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type the path of the Rbfg.exe tool, and then click OK. The default path is: RISservernameReminstAdmini386Rbfg.exe
- Insert a formatted floppy disk into the disk drive.
- Click the destination drive option, and then click Create Disk.
- Click Close, and then remove the floppy disk from the disk drive.
Related Q&A from Laura Hunter
Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter explains to a reader what must be done to change the default display specifiers for new users in Active ...continue reading
Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter offers some advice for changing the IP addresses of domain controllers.continue reading
Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter tells a reader what to keep in mind when deleting subnets associated with sites being removed in an ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.