How do I create a network boot disk for an unattended installation of Windows2000Professional?
Use the rbfg.exe utility, as detailed here, and numerous white papers on the Microsoft Windows 2000 site - www.microsoft.com/windows2000, or in the various techtarget offerings. Briefly, you would do the following:
- From the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type the path of the Rbfg.exe tool, and then click OK. The default path is: RISservernameReminstAdmini386Rbfg.exe
- Insert a formatted floppy disk into the disk drive.
- Click the destination drive option, and then click Create Disk.
- Click Close, and then remove the floppy disk from the disk drive.
Dig deeper on Windows File Management
Related Q&A from Laura E. Hunter
Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter offers some advice for changing the IP addresses of domain controllers.continue reading
An admin needs to grant user access rights for those needing to traverse directory trees. Our server management expert explains how to use Group ...continue reading
An admin has two domains and two Active Directories. He wants to know how to join the Active Directories so that internal staff can access both, but ...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.