- Right-click My Computer and go to Properties.
- Click on the Network Identification tab and click on the Properties button at the bottom.
- Click the Member Of radio button and type in the name of the domain.
- Now if the name of the domain is currently in the box already, click the other radio button and put in the name of a workgroup.
- Reboot the machine.
- Repeat the procedure, but select the Member Of Domain radio button and put the name of the domain in. You will need credentials of a user that has the permissions to add systems into the Active Directory to do this.
- Then reboot the machine and you are there.
This was first published in March 2003