By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- Right-click My Computer and go to Properties.
- Click on the Network Identification tab and click on the Properties button at the bottom.
- Click the Member Of radio button and type in the name of the domain.
- Now if the name of the domain is currently in the box already, click the other radio button and put in the name of a workgroup.
- Reboot the machine.
- Repeat the procedure, but select the Member Of Domain radio button and put the name of the domain in. You will need credentials of a user that has the permissions to add systems into the Active Directory to do this.
- Then reboot the machine and you are there.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Active Directory
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.