By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Right-click My Computer and go to Properties.
- Click on the Network Identification tab and click on the Properties button at the bottom.
- Click the Member Of radio button and type in the name of the domain.
- Now if the name of the domain is currently in the box already, click the other radio button and put in the name of a workgroup.
- Reboot the machine.
- Repeat the procedure, but select the Member Of Domain radio button and put the name of the domain in. You will need credentials of a user that has the permissions to add systems into the Active Directory to do this.
- Then reboot the machine and you are there.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Active Directory
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.