I am trying to find a software package to use on a lone laptop (no Internet connection) to build a database management...
system. I am rusty on coding, so I want to:
- Create my database using a painter similar to SYBASE CENTRAL.
- Create my user's launch ICON, data input screens, pre-canned reports, procedure to print labels and then update database records to set flag = 'labels printed.'
- Write sub routines that can be called by report procedures.
- As I paint these interfaces, I want third or fourth generation code stored editable files which I could later browse, edit, modify, or embed other code.
- I like SQL.
- I like drag and drop painting.
- I am used to the old IBI FOCUS and DB2 and FOXBASE code generators.
I cannot seem to find any one who knows what I am talking about. Everyone is talking about code generators for Web pages, which need browsers and are uneditable code.
It sure sounds like you described Microsoft Access.
Related Q&A from John Robbins
What is a JAD session? This term is referred to often in job postings and seems like some kind of brainstorm you carry out with a client to define IT...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.