I am trying to find a software package to use on a lone laptop (no Internet connection) to build a database management...
system. I am rusty on coding, so I want to:
- Create my database using a painter similar to SYBASE CENTRAL.
- Create my user's launch ICON, data input screens, pre-canned reports, procedure to print labels and then update database records to set flag = 'labels printed.'
- Write sub routines that can be called by report procedures.
- As I paint these interfaces, I want third or fourth generation code stored editable files which I could later browse, edit, modify, or embed other code.
- I like SQL.
- I like drag and drop painting.
- I am used to the old IBI FOCUS and DB2 and FOXBASE code generators.
I cannot seem to find any one who knows what I am talking about. Everyone is talking about code generators for Web pages, which need browsers and are uneditable code.
It sure sounds like you described Microsoft Access.
Dig Deeper on Enterprise infrastructure management
Related Q&A from John Robbins
What is a JAD session? This term is referred to often in job postings and seems like some kind of brainstorm you carry out with a client to define IT...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.