- The user logged in as the "GUEST". The password is guest as well.
- Files were created and saved under "MY DOCUMENTS."
- While the machine was still on, we were able to see the files under "MY DOCUMENTS."
- The machine was shut down for the weekend.
- On starting up on Monday, no files were visible under "MY DOCUMENTS."
- I tried the same thing on another Windows 2000 machine and the same thing happened.
Is it that files created under the user guest are not kept by the system? Any help will be greatly appreciated...Step 2 of 2:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
to recover these files.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Group Policy Management
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.