By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- Delete TELNET.exe from the DLLCache folder
- Copy CRT.EXE to TELNET.EXE in the DLLCache folder
- Reboot the system
- Check that the TELNET.EXE in DLLCache is your renamed CRT.exe
- Check that the TELNET.EXE in the System folder is now the renamed CRT.exe
- If the system folder still has the old version, but the DLLCache has the renamed CRT you can safely replace the TELNET.exe in the System folder and it will not revert back to the old TELNET program.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Active Directory
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.