By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Delete TELNET.exe from the DLLCache folder
- Copy CRT.EXE to TELNET.EXE in the DLLCache folder
- Reboot the system
- Check that the TELNET.EXE in DLLCache is your renamed CRT.exe
- Check that the TELNET.EXE in the System folder is now the renamed CRT.exe
- If the system folder still has the old version, but the DLLCache has the renamed CRT you can safely replace the TELNET.exe in the System folder and it will not revert back to the old TELNET program.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.