I recently reinstalled Win2000 and in the process did two things wrong. I let it reformat my second drive to NTFS. I would like to restore FAT32. What is simplest and best way? Also, I typed my name wrong and now I have a folder with this incorrect name. When I try to change it I am told this is not possible. Can I correct this? Thanks.

Requires Free Membership to View

Unfortunately, you cannot go back to FAT32 from NTFS once you have done a conversion. You'll have to reinstall and reformat the drive. I'm assuming the folder that you're talking about is the one tied to your user account in C:\Documents and Settings\ The easiest way to fix this is to log on in as the administrator, create a new account with the correct name, and copy the files from your old folder into the new folder using Windows Explorer. Again, you must do this from the Administrator account.

This was first published in September 2004

There are Comments. Add yours.

TIP: Want to include a code block in your comment? Use <pre> or <code> tags around the desired text. Ex: <code>insert code</code>

REGISTER or login:

Forgot Password?
By submitting you agree to receive email from TechTarget and its partners. If you reside outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Privacy
Sort by: OldestNewest

Forgot Password?

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an email containing your password.

Your password has been sent to: