Hi! I have a problem in Visual Basic v.6. The problem is that when a normal user adds components, the message appears:...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
My network configuration:
- OS on client site - Windows 2000 Professional with SP2
- OS on server site Windows 2000 Server with SP2
- Group Policy is disabled registry editing tools
Permission on client HDD:
- Administrators group (Full Control)
- Creator Owner group (Full Control)
- Authenticated Users group (Read, Write, and Execute)
- System group (Full Control)
Please help me! How do I solve this problem? Thanks a lot.
The fact you don't have registry editing policies looks a little weird to me. For Visual Studio, you need to be a full administrator on the machine. Your list doesn't indicate that YOUR account is in the machine's administrator group. If it's not, the Visual Basic design time might not allow you to use components.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Administration
Related Q&A from John Robbins
What is a JAD session? This term is referred to often in job postings and seems like some kind of brainstorm you carry out with a client to define IT...continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.