From Microsoft.com: "Small Business Server 2000 is a full-featured network solution that delivers a unified setup...
for e-mail and group scheduling, fax, database, shared Internet connectivity and more. Designed for flexibility, you can use Small Business Server to deploy and use components and features at your own pace and to focus on your business, not your technology. Specifically, Small Business Server 2000 includes:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server. The operating system providing file, print, Web, application and management services.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server. The messaging and collaboration server delivering 'anytime, anywhere' access to the people and information you want.
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000. The server providing an extensible firewall with a Web cache server and policy-based security, acceleration and management of shared Internet connections.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000. The database server supplying fast, reliable relational database management server and engine for running a multitude of business software solutions.
- Microsoft Shared Fax Service. The best way for sending and receiving faxes and providing support for fax boards, Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) cards and broadcast fax.
- Microsoft Shared Modem Service. The service that enables client computers to use modems shared on Small Business Server to connect to external information services.
- Microsoft Health Monitor version 2.1. The service for sending server status and advance warning of potential problems.
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000. The Microsoft Office tool for creating and managing Web sites.
- Microsoft Outlook 2000. The Office client for messaging and collaboration."
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Windows Server Provisioning
Related Q&A from Laura Hunter
Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter tells a reader what to keep in mind when deleting subnets associated with sites being removed in an ...continue reading
Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter explains to a reader what must be done to change the default display specifiers for new users in Active ...continue reading
Active Directory expert Laura E. Hunter offers a tip for shortening client wait times.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.