By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Build the heavy workstation as a BDC.
- Take the BDC off the network.
- Upgrade the PDC to be Windows 2000/Active Directory.
- Build the ML350 as the domain controller in the Active Directory.
- Migrate the Flexible Single Master Operations (FSMO) over to the ML350. (This is a critical step! Your AD will NOT be operational without doing this.) The MS KB article #223787, Flexible Single Master Operation transfer and seizure process will discuss moving each of the five FSMO rolls.
- Make the ML350 a global catalog (GC). Use the Active Directory Sites and Services to perform this action.
- Migrate DNS to the ML350 if you don't have another DNS structure already in place.
- Upgrade any other NT 4.0 BDCs to Windows 2000.
- Take the old PDC offline and erase it.
Dig Deeper on Microsoft Active Directory
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.