Eric Beehler has been working in the IT industry since the mid-90’s, and has been playing with computer technology well before that. From help desk technician to solutions provider; he has been involved at many layers of enterprise solutions from the desktop to the network to the server and the SAN. He currently has certifications from CompTIA (A+, N+, Server+), and Microsoft (MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician and Consumer Support Technician, MCTS: Windows Vista Configuration, MCDBA SQL Server 2000, MCSE+I Windows NT 4.0, MCSE Windows 2000, and MCSE Windows 2003).
He also holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. His experience includes over nine years with Hewlett-Packard’s Managed Services division, working with Fortune 500 companies to deliver network and server solutions and, most recently, I.T. experience in the insurance industry working on highly-available solutions and disaster recovery.
Eric has co-authored books, including MCITP: Microsoft Windows Vista Desktop Support Enterprise Study Guide from Sybex/Wiley Publishing, authored several white papers, and co-hosts the "CS Techcast" podcast aimed at IT professionals. He provides consulting and training through his co-ownership in Consortio Services, LLC.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Eric Beehler, Contributor
- Windows Server 2012 security upgrades ease deployment
- How Hyper-V 3.0 can cut costs
- Shared-nothing live migration ups high availability
- How Hyper-V and System Center improve in 2012
- Why to choose iSCSI over SAN for Hyper-V
- How Moore's Law is clearing the way for Hyper-V 3.0
- How System Center 2012 enables Hyper-V private clouds
- How many virtual machines on a Hyper-V server?
- How to maximize Hyper-V for cloud integration
- Scoping out the differences between Hyper-V and VMware
- Why Hyper-V drivers should matter to Windows admins
- Adopt the right Hyper-V tools
- Can your Hyper-V machines get hacked?
- Which server virtualization features matter most?
- Can Microsoft and VMware virtualization coexist?
- Best practices for Hyper-V Dynamic Memory
- Will Hyper-V take you to the cloud?
- Tips for building a Hyper-V high-availability cluster
- Virtualization strategies: We all need support
- Configuring VLANs for a flexible Hyper-V environment