Kevin Beaver is an information security consultant, expert witness, author and professional speaker at Atlanta-based Principle Logic LLC. With over 23 years of experience in the industry, he specializes in performing independent security assessments revolving around minimizing information risks. Beaver has authored/co-authored 10 books on information security, including The Practical Guide to HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance and Hacking For Dummies. In addition, he's the creator of the Security On Wheels information security audio books and blog, providing security learning for IT professionals on the go. You can reach him through his website www.principlelogic.com, on LinkedIn or follow him on Twitter at @kevinbeaver.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Kevin Beaver, Contributor
- CIOs should be a major player in assessing enterprise security
- Understand the employee mindset and its impact on security
- Protect servers from Windows malware attacks
- What to do when the CIO gets in the way of IT security
- No easy task to hire IT consulting services
- To be a valuable IT pro, put risk on your list
- Are certifications and degrees in IT worth the effort?
- Built-in NIC teaming gives IT pros a break
- How to build -- and keep -- credibility in IT
- FAQ: Windows server hardening
- SCCM 2012: Is it for you?
- Know your enemy: Understand management to sell ideas
- Five habits of successful IT pros
- Five ways to advance your Windows career
- The do's and don'ts of social media
- How Windows Server 8 can help with compliance
- Are Server 8's management upgrades too good to be true?
- Protect Windows Server with Security Compliance Manager
- Windows server patching gaps you can't afford to miss
- Creating a malware protection plan for Windows servers