While all Microsoft System Center products were previously offered in standalone versions, System Center 2012 will now only be licensed as a bundled offering. This updated licensing structure is seen as a move to compete with VMware's vCenter systems management product.
System Center 2012 is available in two editions -- Standard, which can be deployed to a maximum of two virtual machines (VMs) and Datacenter, which allows for deployment to unlimited VMs. The release candidate (RC) version of the software was made available in January 2012.
The products in the System Center 2012 suite include:
- System Center Operations Manager
- System Center Configuration Manager
- System Center Endpoint Protection Manager (now integrated into Configuration Manager)
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- System Center Data Protection Manager
- System Center Orchestrator
- System Center App Controller
- System Center Service Manager
- System Center Advisor
Continue Reading About Microsoft System Center 2012
'Microsoft System Center 2012' is part of the:
View All Definitions