Looking for something else?
Microsoft System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager (DPM) is a tool in System Center 2012 that provides file servers, virtual servers, Exchange Server, SharePoint and SQL Server with disk-based, tape-based and bare metal recovery capabilities.
According to Microsoft, there are seven new improvements features in DPM for System Center 2012. These include:
- Centralized management for multiple DPM servers.
- Authentication based on certificates for computers in untrusted domains or workgroups.
- Improved the use of tapes with protection group sets.
- Better recovery for SharePoint farms at an item level.
- remotely management capabilities DPM.
- Support for protecting Virtual Machine Manager hosts.
- Support for situations in which multiple DPM servers share one instance of an SQL Server for DPM database (DPMDB).