Microsoft System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager (DPM) is a tool in System Center 2012 that provides file servers, virtual servers, Exchange Server, SharePoint and SQL Server with disk-based, tape-based and bare metal recovery capabilities.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
According to Microsoft, there are seven new improvements features in DPM for System Center 2012. These include:
- Centralized management for multiple DPM servers.
- Authentication based on certificates for computers in untrusted domains or workgroups.
- Improved the use of tapes with protection group sets.
- Better recovery for SharePoint farms at an item level.
- remotely management capabilities DPM.
- Support for protecting Virtual Machine Manager hosts.
- Support for situations in which multiple DPM servers share one instance of an SQL Server for DPM database (DPMDB).