Windows Sysinternals is a Microsoft-owned repository for freeware utilities. The Sysinternals site contains utilities developed by Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Sysinternals offers programs under the following categories:
- File and disk: Contains utilities that monitor file usage and disk status.
- Networking: Contains applications like TCPview, which monitors TCP and UDP endpoints.
- Process: Microsoft's most popular download, Process Explorer, which granularly monitors the files that a particular process has open, is in this category.
- Security: RootkitRevealer, among other security-based utilities, are featured in this category.
- System information: This category is composed of products that display general information about a workstation or server.
Admins can also download the entire suite of utilities from the Sysinternals website.