Windows Sysinternals is a Microsoft-owned repository for freeware utilities. The Sysinternals site contains utilities developed by Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell.
Sysinternals offers programs under the following categories:
- File and disk: Contains utilities that monitor file usage and disk status.
- Networking: Contains applications like TCPview, which monitors TCP and UDP endpoints.
- Process: Microsoft's most popular download, Process Explorer, which granularly monitors the files that a particular process has open, is in this category.
- Security: RootkitRevealer, among other security-based utilities, are featured in this category.
- System information: This category is composed of products that display general information about a workstation or server.
Admins can also download the entire suite of utilities from the Sysinternals website.
Continue Reading About Windows Sysinternals
'Windows Sysinternals' is part of the:
View All Definitions