Windows Sysinternals is a Microsoft-owned repository for freeware utilities. The Sysinternals site contains utilities developed by Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Sysinternals offers programs under the following categories:
- File and disk: Contains utilities that monitor file usage and disk status.
- Networking: Contains applications like TCPview, which monitors TCP and UDP endpoints.
- Process: Microsoft's most popular download, Process Explorer, which granularly monitors the files that a particular process has open, is in this category.
- Security: RootkitRevealer, among other security-based utilities, are featured in this category.
- System information: This category is composed of products that display general information about a workstation or server.
Admins can also download the entire suite of utilities from the Sysinternals website.