Christa Anderson, a columnist for Windows and .NET Magazine, is an internationally-known speaker and writer about server-based computing. Her books include Windows Terminal Services (Sybex, 2002), The Definitive Guide To MetaFrame XP (available from www.realtimepublishers.com) and co-authorship of the best-selling Mastering Windows Server 2003 (Sybex, 2003). You can sign up for her free e-mail newsletter at her server-based computing site: www.termservhub.com.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Christa Anderson, WinIT
- How do you setup Remote Desktop to monitor any connection made to a PC?
- Setting up a logon script for a user that does work in three different time zones
- Can I apply group-based logon limits?
- How can I log all connections to Terminal Services so that I can see who is logging in and out?
- Can I use Terminal Services over a dial-up connection?
- How do I configure Windows 98 to automatically logon to the Terminal Server?
- Is there a way to control the access users have to their local C-Drives while using Windows Terminal
- Is there any way to optimize printing to keep issues to a minimum?
- Using a Windows 2003 server as the only license server
- Setting up a new TS running Enterprise Server 2003
- Allowing users to avoid security and print over their network
- Network admins can't connect to Windows 2003 boxes
- Changing a user's display setting
- Using a Windows 2003 server as a license server
- Accessing the mapped drive with a Win2003 server
- Running MS Word in an RDC session on a Win2003 server as a user
- Allowing users permission to print
- Need full admin ability with more than two remote connections
- Upgrading domain controller and moving TS
- Correcting the wrong license numbers