With more than a decade of professional experience in the IT industry, Don is the author of more than 30 IT books, including Windows PowerShell: TFM; VBScript, WMI, and ADSI Unleashed; Managing Windows with VBScript and WMI; and many more. He is a multiple-year recipient of Microsoft's "Most Valuable Professional" (MVP) Award with a specialization in Windows PowerShell.
Don's broad IT experience includes work in the financial, telecommunications, software, manufacturing, consulting, training, and retail industries and he's one of the rare IT professionals who can not only "cross the line" between administration and software development, but also between IT workers and IT management.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Don Jones, Contributor
- Deciding between keeping or avoiding a GUI display
- Run a PowerShell script during each computer startup
- How new versions of PowerShell keep features compatible
- How to automatically read XML files with PowerShell
- Using PowerShell workflows: What you need to know
- Improving the look of your PowerShell output
- Create transcripts for everything you do in PowerShell
- Using a PowerShell filter to find files by date
- Make and run a PowerShell script prompt for input
- Use PowerShell remoting to pass info to remote machines
- Avoid a common PowerShell error when accessing files
- Sorting out local and remote PowerShell command issues
- Why can't I compare contents of a PowerShell variable?
- Enabling PowerShell remoting
- Changes to remoting in PowerShell v3
- Workflow: PowerShell's sexiest new feature?
- Top five features in PowerShell v3
- Windows Server 8 and PowerShell v3 Runbook Automation
- PowerShell v3 has some great GUI
- Why did Microsoft kill the GUI?