Gary is a systems software engineer for HP in Global Solutions Engineering. He has authored or co-authored several books, including Windows 2000: Active Directory Design and Deployment and Windows Server 2003 on HP ProLiant Servers.
Gary is a Microsoft MVP for Directory Services and formerly for Windows File Systems. He has written extensively on Active Directory for SearchWindowsServer.com, and you can find his top AD articles from 2008 here.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Gary Olsen, Contributor
- Active Directory DCPromo over the years
- Kerberos connects Windows with rest of the world
- What to do when DNS records disappear
- How to size an Active Directory domain controller
- Repadmin spots Active Directory replication issues
- Checking support tools for Windows 2008 compatibility
- A closer look at Ntdsutil for Active Directory
- Living dangerously with Ntdsutil in Windows 2008
- Event Tracing for Windows: A fresh look at an old tool
- DCs at sea? Dealing with mobile AD domains
- Auditing AD admins with Windows 2008 R2's Event Viewer
- Understanding AD operations: The Jet database
- Troubleshooting Jet sessions for AD databases
- Resolving Adprep errors: Duplicate Link IDs
- Domain controller virtualization: What you should know
- What's so great about the AD Administrative Center?
- Microsoft Azure's place in the cloud
- Resolving KDC 7 errors when no one else can
- Tips for Active Directory forest recovery planning
- Eliminating lingering objects in complex AD forests