Jeremy Moskowitz, a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), is an independent consultant and trainer for Microsoft Windows technologies. He runs two community forums, www.GPanswers.com and www.WinLinAnswers.com, that answer tough questions about Group Policy and Windows/Linux integration. Jeremy's latest book, Windows and Linux Integration: Hands-on Solutions for a Mixed Environment (Sybex, 2005), is available at WinLinAnswers.com. His popular book, Group Policy, Profiles, and IntelliMirror (Sybex, 2005) is available at www.GPanswers.com.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jeremy Moskowitz
- How can I assure that a new user's file permissions are correctly configured?
- How can I restrict rights for a group of users on a specific OU of computers, but not on any compute
- Can I append Domain Groups to the local 'Admin' Group of Domain Computers without affecting the exis
- How I can modify the Registry Key in Windows XP using Group Policy management?
- How do I apply proxy settings automatically on all the workstations?
- How can I use Group Policy to enforce and append security groups to the local administrators group?
- Is there a way to force a user's desktop to follow them from PC to PC as they log on?
- Is there a way using Group Policy to force all PC homepages to be set to a specific Web site?
- User rights not being assigned: Is this an issue with Group Policy or Active Directory?
- Restricting users from accessing the C drive
- Applying a 'master' set of policies to a number of computers in a non-AD environment
- Using a registry key to monitor security template changes
- Using Group Policy to push out software to computers with different OSs
- Can I create a desktop with Group Policy from my sever to go out to my client machines?
- Locking down desktops to prohibit changes to the environment
- Giving users the ability to set their own homepages
- Changing gateway IP addresses via GP
- How can I apply Group Policy to Windows 2000 clients?
- How can I use Group Policy in WinServer 2003 to prevent users' Acrobat Reader from checking for upda
- Pushing out domain account information to all PCs