As a best-selling author, speaker and columnist, Jerry Honeycutt has a long history of providing technical leadership to business. He specializes in desktop deployment and management and has toured cities throughout the world teaching IT professionals how to deploy the business desktop. He is a frequent speaker at assorted industry events, including COMDEX, Developer Days, Microsoft Exchange Conference, and Microsoft Global Briefing and has authored over 25 books, among them Windows 2000 Professional (New Riders, 2000), Microsoft Windows 2000 Registry Handbook (Macmillan, 2000) and Introducing Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Microsoft Press, 1999).
Jerry graduated from University of Texas at Dallas in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. He also studied at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX. In his spare time, Jerry plays golf, dabbles with photography and travels. He is an avid collector of rare Arthurian books. Jerry lives in the Dallas suburb of Frisco, TX.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jerry Honeycutt
- DHCP on the gateway or server? And is PPTP the best way to perform offsite administration?
- Can I run Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) with a domain controller?
- Dual booting Windows 98 and Windows 2000
- How can we remove vendor/company logos from PC bootup screens?
- Is AD necessary to set up two Win2k WINS servers? Can Novell be the DCHP handler?
- After upgrading Win2k hard disk, machine says ones of system files is missing/corrupt
- Can I connect and use Windows XP Pro on an NT4 domain?
- How do I restore system.ini on Windows 98?
- Code 15 conflict for the ACPI BIOS
- Can Win2k auto-open all folders that were open during a reboot like Win9x does?
- Roaming profiles don't update, can't access user profile folders
- ScanDisk will not complete; PC states that there are some bad clusters
- No one can print when print queue is set to spool rather than direct print
- Can only log on to server locally as an admin, but not as a user