As a best-selling author, speaker and columnist, Jerry Honeycutt has a long history of providing technical leadership to business. He specializes in desktop deployment and management and has toured cities throughout the world teaching IT professionals how to deploy the business desktop. He is a frequent speaker at assorted industry events, including COMDEX, Developer Days, Microsoft Exchange Conference, and Microsoft Global Briefing and has authored over 25 books, among them Windows 2000 Professional (New Riders, 2000), Microsoft Windows 2000 Registry Handbook (Macmillan, 2000) and Introducing Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Microsoft Press, 1999).
Jerry graduated from University of Texas at Dallas in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. He also studied at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX. In his spare time, Jerry plays golf, dabbles with photography and travels. He is an avid collector of rare Arthurian books. Jerry lives in the Dallas suburb of Frisco, TX.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jerry Honeycutt
- Can I triple boot XP, Win2k Pro and Windows ME on the same PC?
- Can we start with local GPOs and move to AD policies after our Win2k domain upgrade?
- How can you stop check disk on a Windows software RAID?
- Can I restrict concurrent logons by user account instead of by workstation?
- How do I add a printer to a Win2k workstation so both new and existing users can access it?
- Is it possible to remove all the icons from a Win2k desktop?
- Would you recommend using XP or Win2k Pro in a NetWare network?
- How can we retrieve the NTFS partition from a hard disk?
- How can I remove the Windows 2000 dual-boot menu?
- Can I force an advanced desktop policy on a standalone Win2k Pro computer?
- XP machine logs off the network after 15 minutes of idle time
- How can we set roaming user profiles to automatically empty their Temporary Internet files?
- How can I increase the ARP cache size in Windows?
- How do I restrict all users except admins from accessing the Control Panel on WinXP Pro?
- Can I assign "temporary" admin rights?
- How can a user have two different IP addresses on the same laptop?
- Office 2000 upgrade will only allow administrators to log on, not users
- How can I perform backups without having to manually manage the media?
- How can I hide the Network Identification tab in the System properties dialog box?
- Where can I find information on batch file commands?