As a best-selling author, speaker and columnist, Jerry Honeycutt has a long history of providing technical leadership to business. He specializes in desktop deployment and management and has toured cities throughout the world teaching IT professionals how to deploy the business desktop. He is a frequent speaker at assorted industry events, including COMDEX, Developer Days, Microsoft Exchange Conference, and Microsoft Global Briefing and has authored over 25 books, among them Windows 2000 Professional (New Riders, 2000), Microsoft Windows 2000 Registry Handbook (Macmillan, 2000) and Introducing Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Microsoft Press, 1999).
Jerry graduated from University of Texas at Dallas in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. He also studied at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX. In his spare time, Jerry plays golf, dabbles with photography and travels. He is an avid collector of rare Arthurian books. Jerry lives in the Dallas suburb of Frisco, TX.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Jerry Honeycutt
- How can a user have two different IP addresses on the same laptop?
- Can I use a snap-in to configure NT4 domain users from Win2k clients?
- 8. Tips on group policy management
- How can I determine where XP stores offline files and folders?
- How can I manage my Win2k domain from my Windows 2000 Professional machine?
- How do I define different user-based or group-based policies depending on the computer that the user
- How can I restrict game play on Windows XP Pro with group policy?
- Can I build a disk image using RIS that includes applications?
- How do I bypass logon using NT Regedit?
- Why won't Windows 2000 Pro retain passwords to mapped drives on a Windows 98 machine?
- Windows 2000 Professional cannot load the user's profile
- How do I install Windows XP and Windows 2000 on the same PC using Partition Magic?
- How can I add a former PDC/BDC Win2k Advanced Server to my network as a regular computer?
- Will a 68- or 80-pin drive work on a 50-pin system with an adaptor or cable?
- Overnight routines failing due to inexplicable mapped drive disconnect
- Ntbackup won't let me reuse backup tapes
- Can I use just TCP/IP to join a Windows 95 PC to an NT4 PDC?
- How can I copy local user accounts from current Win2k Pro PCs to new ones?
- How do I add certain groups to a computer's local admin account before a user logs on?
- Can I (as a user) stop other users from printing to a specific network printer?