John Robbins heads up the consulting and debugging services of Wintellect, a software consulting and education firm. John wrote the book "Debugging Microsoft .NET and Microsoft Windows Applications" (Microsoft Press) and writes the Bugslayer column for MSDN magazine. Additionally, he speaks at major software development conferences around the world. Based in New Hampshire, John takes an evil delight in finding and fixing impossible bugs in other people's programs.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from John Robbins
- What app should I use to open an .epo or .eps file?
- How do I allow my offsite programmer access to our ColdFusion server?
- Can C++ be used in the front end with Oracle in the back end?
- What CPU scheduling algorithms are used in Windows?
- How do I use ASP or ASP.NET to enable Web site visitors to submit forms?
- Do you know what program the IBM file extension .pa is for?
- Can the variables %homepath% and %username%. be used in a login script file?
- Is there anything besides autorun.inf to make my CD auto-launch upon insertion?
- What is Rapid Application Development?
- How do I trigger the event in a COM Client using VC++?
- Is there a way to turn a program, be it a .bat or .exe or .com file, into a Win2k/XP service?
- Stack overflows versus stack overruns
- NetMeeting and DirectX application will not work at the same time
- How do we send PCL commands to all five trays of our HP printer?
- How do I put my application in the Windows desktop tray on startup?
- Where can I find writing software for coping and moving directories/trees using C /C++?
- How can we work around Win2k not having a "warn if still active" option to uncheck so we can shut do
- What does HKEY mean or stand for?
- What are some common examples of using Java Script & Java Applications in the development of a Websi
- How do I create a macro that can create a file that includes another macro in it?