Serdar Yegulalp wrote for Windows Magazine from 1994 through 2001, covering a wide range of technology topics. He now plies his expertise in Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP as publisher of The Windows 2000 Power Users Newsletter and writes technology columns for TechTarget.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Serdar Yegulalp, WinIT
- Controlling access through AD with Perl
- How do I change my Win2k/Win98 dual-boot system into a pure Win2k environment with a backup storage
- Random Win2k Pro machines booting with blank screens
- Is there a way to auto-erase a non-roaming user profile without erasing key directories?
- How do I rescue a botched WinXP Pro Service Pack install?
- Is there any way to increase the maximum number of inbound connections on NT/Win2k/XP workstations?
- What are the advantages of moving directly to XP Pro from NT4 workstation?
- Svchost.exe at 99%
- Is there any benefit to using dynamic disk on a standard workstation?
- How do I move user directories from one machine to another?
- How do you force Win2k to do a complete hardware rebuild?
- Can I save a Word file as a bitmap or jpeg?
- Should I be logging in as an admin on my personal laptop?
- What does an NTDL error message mean?
- Would there be any problems if a child domain couldn't communicate with a parent/root for a while?
- Can I delete this file without facing the Blue Screen of Death?
- Is there a quick fix for this power problem?
- What does the error "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" mean?
- Restoring search functionality
- What can I use to restrict users from installing applications in Win98SE?