Serdar Yegulalp wrote for Windows Magazine from 1994 through 2001, covering a wide range of technology topics. He now plies his expertise in Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP as publisher of The Windows 2000 Power Users Newsletter and writes technology columns for TechTarget.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Serdar Yegulalp, WinIT
- Do Windows 2000 and XP support automatic login?
- Windows Media Player suddenly quit playing AVI files
- How do I move only some Win NT 4.0 accounts to a new Win 2000 domain?
- How do you delete files or viruses in the system volume on Window 2000?
- How can I control the desktop wallpaper for all users?
- What can I safely delete on disk cleanup?
- Problems with Win XP desktop on a peer to peer with Windows 2000 Pro
- Can't create shortcuts for programs on my desktop
- How can I get the best possible uptime of my desktop?
- How can I make domain policy affect only domain users who log on?
- Is there a way to limit bandwidth to specific computers on the network?
- What's the best way to save large files (about 5 gigs worth) on my hard drive?
- Windows XP Home indicating registry error
- Remote Storage Notification via e-mail
- How do I get a folder and its contents to display on a specific Web page?
- What is the best way to remove the old \serverdrive directory?
- How do I "undelegate" a user group in AD?
- Do large user profiles slow down Win2k workstations?
- What is a good tool for logon scripts for Windows?
- Hitting licensing wall with Win XP OEM installations