Serdar Yegulalp wrote for Windows Magazine from 1994 through 2001, covering a wide range of technology topics. He now plies his expertise in Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP as publisher of The Windows 2000 Power Users Newsletter and writes technology columns for TechTarget.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Serdar Yegulalp, WinIT
- Do large user profiles slow down Win2k workstations?
- What is a good tool for logon scripts for Windows?
- How can I restrict users from seeing administrative tools?
- Is there any way to enable DST on a large group of XP systems?
- My Windows Search is not working correctly
- Is there a way to send a popup message to all AD users?
- Can I find the NETBIOS name of a desktop by referencing only the user ID?
- Windows ME defrag isn't working
- Use RUNAS command to restrict admin rights
- Connection problems after installing SP4 on Win2k
- Problem starting Internet Explorer when using Windows XP
- Can I overwrite a setting when the GPO is applied?
- Can I delete 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' from my startup?
- How would I go about logging a script?
- How do I scan an image in non-interlaced GIF format?
- How does an OS determine if a floppy disk is inaccessible?
- Can a firewall prevent spyware from entering the internal network?
- Can I prevent duplication of programs at autologon?
- Windows 2000 Pro SP4 won't boot properly after I overclocked my CPU
- How can I turn off the wake up on phone ring option on my PC?