Serdar Yegulalp wrote for Windows Magazine from 1994 through 2001, covering a wide range of technology topics. He now plies his expertise in Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP as publisher of The Windows 2000 Power Users Newsletter and writes technology columns for TechTarget.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Serdar Yegulalp, WinIT
- Hitting licensing wall with Win XP OEM installations
- Do large user profiles slow down Win2k workstations?
- Is there any way to enable DST on a large group of XP systems?
- How can I restrict users from seeing administrative tools?
- Is there a way to send a popup message to all AD users?
- Windows ME defrag isn't working
- Can I find the NETBIOS name of a desktop by referencing only the user ID?
- My Windows Search is not working correctly
- Connection problems after installing SP4 on Win2k
- Use RUNAS command to restrict admin rights
- Problem starting Internet Explorer when using Windows XP
- Can I overwrite a setting when the GPO is applied?
- Can I delete 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' from my startup?
- How would I go about logging a script?
- How does an OS determine if a floppy disk is inaccessible?
- How do I scan an image in non-interlaced GIF format?
- Can I prevent duplication of programs at autologon?
- Can a firewall prevent spyware from entering the internal network?
- Having problems fixing slow domain logons in group policy
- Windows 2000 Pro SP4 won't boot properly after I overclocked my CPU