Enterprise Informatics Inc.'s eB for SharePoint works with MOSS 2007 to identify, classify and manage information stored in SharePoint sites. It helps CIO's define, enforce and prove that governance policies are being followed and sensitive documents and content are secure, controlled and can be trusted.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Through eB for SharePoint dashboards, admins can produce reports that show all discovered sites, registered and unregistered sites, and registered documents and their status.
The offering also features:
- An information-modeling capability that enables organizations to quickly and easily structure and organize their enterprise information assets.
- Pre-defined, ready-to-use information objects provide a rich model for classifying information and establishing relationships between relevant objects, ensuring the integrity of controlled information by uniquely managing its connectivity to all other relevant information.
- A built-in change management capability that manages information assets and their relevant relationships through an automated best-practice process that identifies the effects of change and manages the workflow for approvals, notifications, releases, distributions and accountability of changes that occur enterprise-wide across multiple SharePoint sites and farms.
- A powerful, centralized records management capability for registered sites and documents that automates the disposition (i.e., the retention and destruction) and archiving process to adhere to corporate governance policies.
- The ability to physically store registered information objects in SharePoint libraries, in multiple SharePoint sites, moved to the eB repository or archived to secondary storage.
System requirements: Pentium processor 400 MHz or higher recommended. Operating system: Windows 2003 SP2, Windows 2008. Memory: 512 MB. Disk: 215 MB free hard disk space for install. Middleware: Microsoft SQL Server client network access component or Oracle 10g client Web Server, Windows 2003 or 2008 Server, IE 6, IE 7, MDAC 2.7, .Net Framework 2.
Pricing: Costs start at $75,000 for a perpetual license and are based on the number and size of SharePoint configurations.