KnowledgeLake Connect 2008 is a small desktop application that lets you save documents to SharePoint in a single step while increasing the usability of SharePoint through features like the Send To function for easy integration and single login across pre-defined sites.
Figure 1: KnowledgeLake Connect
The following features are included with KnowledgeLake Connect 2008:
- Ensures that all documents are tagged with appropriate document metadata.
- Makes sure that changes made to a document in the SharePoint library are saved back into SharePoint.
- Scans a limited number of documents each day using a scanner attached to a computer, then saves them to SharePoint.
- Saves Outlook email messages, even those with attachments, directly to SharePoint.
- Securely stores user credentials for all of the SharePoint servers you use.
- Browses to any SharePoint folder with a single click.
- Submits documents to the corporate office as part of a workflow.
System requirements: MOSS 2007, SPS 2003
Pricing: $195 per user license.
This was first published in February 2009