All answers to this quiz are found in the Sept 3-9 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #28
1. Which option matches this event logging key: RunDiagnosticsLoggingIntelliMirror?
a. Verbose log of all types of events
b. Verbose log of remote boot events
c. Verbose log of group policy events only
d. Verbose log of group policy events for application installations
e. None of the above
2. You can configure the amount of time Windows 2000 waits for an unresponsive application before shutting it down. What data type does this involve?
3. This is NOT an entry type in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMSelect key:
e. All the above are valid entries
4. Hardware detection is handled by three programs in Windows 2000. Which?
a. Ntdetect.com, Ntoskrnl.exe and Ntaskctrl.exe
b. Ntdetect.com, Ntaskctrl.exe and Ntkernel.exe
c. Ntoskrnl.exe, NTlstknwngd.com and Ntkernel.exe
d. Only two programs does this - Ntdetect.com and Ntoskrnl.exe
5. What entry value must AutoRestartShell have in order to restart the shell operation after a crash?
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!