The following is Tool #7 from "Readers' Choice: 15 admin tools you can't live without," a collection of top Windows...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
admin tools nominated by SearchWinSystems.com readers.
Admin tool: Microsoft Computer Management Tool
Nominated by: Ted Peng
There are a few ways to use this admin tool:
- Click Start, Program Files, Administrative Tools, Computer Management.
- Click Start, Run, Enter 'compmgmt.msc' to start this admin tool.
- Enter 'compmgmt.msc' while you are in the command prompt, which will launch this admin tool.
I find this tool to be an all-in-one Windows utility that allows me to see event logs, share folders, add and remove local users, add and remove members from a local administrator group, set up performance logs and alerts for servers of my choice, use device manager to see any defective device and update device drivers, use disk defragmentation and manage services and applications.
You can manage all these tasks in the same management console. I can't live without it.
Readers' Choice: 15 admin tools you can't live without!
- Tool 1: Readers' Choice admin tool winner: Hyena
- Tool 2: Toad for Oracle
- Tool 3: Fastpush
- Tool 4: Belarc Advisor
- Tool 5: Angry IP Scanner
- Tool 6: Dameware NT
- Tool 7: Microsoft Computer Management Tool
- Tool 8: PC Duo and PC Duo Enterprise
- Tool 9: CheckIt Pro
- Tool 10: WinSCP 3.7.5
- Tool 11: Treepad
- Tool 12: Remote Administrator
- Tool 13: BartPE
- Tool 14: Sam Spade
- Tool 15: EventID.net