Almost two thousand people answered a recent W2Knews poll. And dang, a whopping 50%-plus of the respondents say...
they are not going to renew their MCSE. Another 25% is on the fence, leaving less than 25% who plan to renew.
This is shocking news. Looks like MS needs to make some definite changes in their program or else lose well over half of their certified people.
Here are the percentages:
Question: Are you going to upgrade your MCSE to Windows Server 2003?
- Sure thing, I need to stay up-to-date and the company pays: 11.67%
- Heck yes, even if I have to shell out the dollars myself: 9.25%
- Not so sure anymore... But I'll keep learning on my own: 25.4%
- Not likely, no time and money plus the returns are not there: 21.74%
- No Way! Seems like certification has become an MS profit center: 31.91%
Stu Sjouwerman is editor of the W2Knews and the founder of Sunbelt Software. This article was originally published in the March 16 W2Knews.
Is certification more or less important to your career? Take the SearchWin2000 Microsoft Report Card survey and let us know.