The PC industry is going through the deepest downturn in its relatively short life, leading many to conclude that...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
end-user platforms are no longer important in the corporate environment. But while portions of the industry have matured, corporate spending on end-user platforms, client licenses, software configuration, administration tools and support still makes up a major portion of every corporate IT budget. These trends are putting increasing pressure on IT decision makers to both cut costs and improve service levels/worker productivity.
In this presentation Meta Group's VP Steve Kleynhans revealed the technology trends and management approaches that challenge the status quo with a specific focus on:
- new technologies that are reshaping end user software platforms,
- how these technologies challenge current IT management structures,
- best practices to deliver a cost-effective end-user environment,
- the roles of various application delivery models including thin clients, rich clients and smart thin clients, as well as
- how to integrate the growing proliferation of PDAs and other devices into your infrastructure.