The PC industry is going through the deepest downturn in its relatively short life, leading many to conclude that end-user platforms are no longer important in the corporate environment. But while portions of the industry have matured, corporate spending on end-user platforms, client licenses, software configuration, administration tools and support still makes up a major portion of every corporate IT budget. These trends are putting...
increasing pressure on IT decision makers to both cut costs and improve service levels/worker productivity.
In this presentation Meta Group's VP Steve Kleynhans revealed the technology trends and management approaches that challenge the status quo with a specific focus on:
- new technologies that are reshaping end user software platforms,
- how these technologies challenge current IT management structures,
- best practices to deliver a cost-effective end-user environment,
- the roles of various application delivery models including thin clients, rich clients and smart thin clients, as well as
- how to integrate the growing proliferation of PDAs and other devices into your infrastructure.