The editors at SearchWin2000.com recently asked you the following questions: What is your biggest job aggravation? What is your most daunting job challenge? What would make "that" day mentioned above get 100-times worse?
Here we have chosen our favorite and most amusing responses to share with you. Enjoy!
- get loud and make concentration on work extremely hard. I am not above using the occasional swear word when anger drags them out of me. After all, I do work with computers… But a consistent use of foul language shows a lack of respect for coworkers.
- When users always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, when warned about a virus/worm, to not open ANY E-MAILS WITH ATTACHMENTS, open them anyhow, get the virus/worm, and then say "Oh, I only open e-mails from people I know." Even after you've told them that the virus/worm can, and will, come from someone you know or a
spoof of their address.
- Spam, spybots and trojans.
- My biggest job challenge is a bad manager.
- I am actually thinking of writing a book on my trials and tribulations at a small family run business. I have been here 5 years in September and I have seen a lot. Not just the IT arena but day to day business operations and knowing that people are going to get fired before they do. Not to mention the IT problems. I have been interested in writing for a very long time and believe me, there is a lot of material here.
- I am very busy most days supporting 20-25 servers and 800 users, so
can usually only spend 30 minutes a day or so trying to learn more and keep up with the technical advancements. I wish I could, but that is the way of it.
- Mostly I get frustrated by the restrictions imposed by the bandwidth infrastructure we have to live with. Even with a "512" Kbps connection, the image is still too small to be comfortable.