All answers to this quiz are found in the April 30-May 6 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #10
1. Which of the following objects can be stored in application data partitions?
a. Accounting application information.
d. None of the above.
2. This command can be used to find out which server in the forest is responsible for managing schema modifications:
a. dsquery server -ltschema
b. ntdsutil forest -schema lts
c. dsquery server -hasfsmo schema
d. ntdsutil forest -ltschema
3. What application uses port 3268?
c. Global Catalog LDAP
d. Global Catalog LDAP over SSL
4. This OS component calculates replication topology within the site:
a. PDC Emulator
b. Infrastructure Master
c. Intersite Topology Generator
d. Knowledge Consistency Checker
5. Deep nesting may negatively impact LDAP and Group Policy Object performance. In most cases, how many OU levels should suffice?
a. 3 to 5 OU levels.
b. 4 to 5 OU levels.
c. 3 to 7 OU levels.
d. 5 to 7 OU levels.
6. Which of the following statements about SMTP is correct?
a. SMTP is used for intradomain replication.
b. SMTP is used for intersite replication.
c. SMTP is used for intrasite replication.
d. SMTP is an acronym for the name you call your boss behind his back.
7. When running "Windows 2000 Native," all these features are disabled, except one. Which?
a. Renaming/restructuring domains.
b. Global group nesting.
c. Time stamp of most recent logon.
d. InetOrgPerson class.
8. This command line utility is a handy shortcut to seeing all 5 FSMO servers at once:
9. What must be done before delegating permissions to administer an OU to someone who is not a member of the Admin group?
a. Add the user to the Power Users group.
b. Use the Delegation of Control Wizard and delegate permissions for this user.
c. Configure the user to have administrative authority over all objects contained in the organizational unit.
d. Add the user to the OU Admins group.
10. This is NOT a tool/mechanism for manipulating application data partitions:
c. RID Master
d. Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI)
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!
This was first published in April 2004