All answers to this quiz are found in the May 7-13 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #11
1. Which tool is NOT suitable when you need to find which policies were applied to a client computer?
a. RSoP in planning mode.
b. RSoP in logging mode.
c. Help and Support console.
2. This tool allows you to view replication topology and replication information/settings using a GUI application:
3. Which of the following events does NOT trigger a group policy refresh?
a. Computer boot sequence and user logon process.
b. Refresh interval expiration.
c. Execution of the Gpupdate tools in Windows XP or secedit in Windows 2000.
d. Clicking "Ok" in the Group Policy Object Editor.
4. Gpresult /s <system> allows you to...
a. Connect to a remote system.
b. Scope the settings of the indicated computer.
c. View group policy extensions such as ADM-registry based templates, disk quotas and scripts.
d. Refresh your search parameters for the indicated system.
5. RSoP stands for...
a. Redundant Set of Policy
b. Ramification Set of Policy
c. Resultant Set of Policy
d. Rigid Set of Policy
6. In which folder can you find userenv.log?
7. What is "policy tattooing"?
a. Applying registry settings to keys not maintained by group policy.
b. Applying custom registry settings.
c. Applying system policies using *.pol files.
d. Applying custom ADM administrative templates.
8. This is the default policy refresh interval for client computers/member servers and Windows 2000/2003 domain controllers, respectively:
a. 30 minutes/2 minutes
b. 30 minutes/5 minutes
c. 90 minutes/5 minutes
d. 90 minutes/30 minutes
9. GMPC is...
a. A console that allows backing up and restoring individual group policy objects.
b. Obsolete as of Windows Server 2003 SP1.
c. Interchangeable with the SYSVOL tool.
d. Misspelled. It's GPMC, you dummy!
10. Can you use Gpresult to list all custom registry settings applied to a client machine?
b. Yes, by using the /z switch.
c. Yes, by using the /v switch.
d. Yes, but you won't use any switches.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!