Think you know everything about IIS 6? Don't be so sure! We challenge you to test your know-how by taking our new quiz! Share the results with us and get a chance to win a copy of IIS 6 Administration by Mitch Tulloch, courtesy of McGraw-Hill/Osborne Media.
All answers to this quiz are found in the May 14-20 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #12
1. What is a "1xx" HTTP status code used for?
a. Confirming a successfully received and understood client request.
b. Communicating MIME type discrepancies before triggering a 3xx redirect code.
c. Experimental purposes only.
d. Nothing - status codes start at 2xx.
2. What does a 401.2 error mean?
a. You sent a WWW-Authenticate header field the web server is not configured to accept.
b. The access control list (ACL) configured for this resource on the web server prevents you from connecting.
c. The web server has a filter installed to verify users and failed to authenticate your credentials.
d. The web server has an ISAPI or CGI application to verify your credentials, and it failed.
3. This logging format is new to IIS 6:
a. W3C Extended Lot File format.
b. Centralized Binary Logging format.
c. NCSA Log File format.
d. None of the above.
4. What does the Wfetch.exe tool do?
a. Temporarily overrides the W3C Extended Logging.
b. Pulls and directly displays error-data from a specified time frame from the W3C Extended Log.
c. Displays headers in HTTP Request and HTTP Response packets sent between web browsers and web servers.
d. Extracts and converts old IIS Log formatted data into NCSA Log format.
5. What can you deduct from a 403.15 error?
a. There are too many people using the site right now. You better go have some coffee and try again later.
b. The web server is configured not to display its directory content.
c. Something is wrong with your SSL Client Certificate.
d. You don't have the privileges to execute CGI applications.
6. When viewing W3C Extended Logs, this log field/value can be interpreted as the Client browser is on local host.
c. cs-uric-stem/ /Default.asp
7. This is NOT true of the IIS Log File format:
a. It cannot be customized.
b. It records less information than NCSA format.
c. It is increasingly being superceded by W3C Extended format.
d. It was originally developed in-house by Microsoft.
8. This error code means you must be authenticated by a proxy server before the web server will execute your request:
9. In IIS 6, this logging format is managed by the worker process (w3wp.exe) associated with the site:
b. W3C Extended
10. This is NOT true of UTF-8 logging:
a. UTF-8 is a new feature to IIS 6.
b. UTF-8 is a type of Fungicide character encoding.
c. UTF-8 can be used for logging visits to FTP sites.
d. UTF-8 can write data in non-European character sets.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.