Looking for something else?
All answers to this quiz are found in the May 21-27 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #13
1. What is the single most important prerequisite for migration with ADMT?
a. Existing Domain Controllers must be fully upgraded.
b. Perform lab verification.
c. Run adprep /forestprep.
d. Disable the Production Domain Controller.
2. To migrate a SID history, you a need a local group on the source domain called...
3. What does the forestprep-procudure do?
a. Extend the Active Directory schema by 244 objects.
b. Extend the Active Directory schema by 1,253 objects.
c. Consolidate the Active Directory forests for easier migration.
d. Disable the forced schema-limitation of 1,002 attributes.
4. What is Microsoft's recommended hardware levels for Windows Server 2003?
a. P3 550 MHz or eq., 256 Mb RAM, 1.5 Gb disk space.
b. P3 750 MHz or eq., 256 Mb RAM, 1.5 Gb disk space.
c. P3 550 MHz or eq., 512 Mb RAM, 2.5 Gb disk space.
d. P3 750 MHz or eq., 512 Mb RAM, 1.5 Gb disk space.
5. This wizard is NOT included in ADMT v2.0:
a. Security Translation Wizard.
b. Service Account Management Wizard.
c. Retry Task Wizard.
d. All are included.
6. Which tool should you use for removing "ghost" Windows 2000 Domain Controllers?
c. ADSI Edit
d. AD Edit
7. Which of the following should be detailed as part of the Discovery phase?
a. Current network diagrams.
b. Server locations.
c. WAN throughputs.
d. Server application dependencies.
e. All the above.
f. A, C and D.
g. None of the above.
8. The Inter-Site Topology Generator has been improved in Windows Server 2003. How?
a. It is faster and supports extremely large numbers of sites.
b. It is faster and has caching functionality for "chatty" global catalog servers.
c. It is faster and allows incremental membership changes rather than requiring system-wide re-replication.
d. It's a trick question - the ISTG is the same as in Windows Server 2000.
9. This statement is NOT true of forest or domain functional levels:
a. Mixed Domain Functional Level allows the Win Server 2003 DCs to communicate with Win NT and Win 2000 DCs throughout the forest.
b. You can't add anything from Win Server 2000 except AD subdomains once the forest is Win Server 2003 functional.
c. When running Windows 2000 Native, your Win Server 2003 runs itself at a Windows 2000 functional level.
d. Only Windows 2000 and Win Server 2003 DCs can exist in a Windows 2000 Native environment.
10. There are 5 OM roles. Which one is not one of them?
a. Schema Master
b. FSMO Master
c. RID Master
d. Domain Naming Master
e. Infrastructure Master
f. PDC Emulator
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!