By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #18
1. What sets CoInitalizeEx apart from CoInitialize and OleInitialize?
a. It's made up while the other two really exists.
b. It permits the threading model to be specified.
c. CoInitalizeEx forces the STA model.
d. It is hard-coded to use the STA model.
2. You can pass context parameters into sp_OACreate. However, this parameter in turn becomes what?
a. A parameter for the CLSIDFromProgID API function.
c. A component of one of two possible ODS event handlers.
d. The dwClsContext parameter to CoCreateInstance.
3. What is the current preferred term for OLE automation?
c. SOLE automation
d. SQL automation
4. When setting up an sp_exporttable proc, you start with creating an SQLServer object. What is the next step?
a. Call the ExportData method.
b. Check the DMO specs for potential replication conflicts.
c. Create a BulkCopy object.
d. It's a trick question - the first step is to create a BulkCopy object.
5. The ODSOLE facility uses late binding to interact with COM objects. This means what, specifically?
a. It makes calls to the IDispatch COM interface.
b. You can create D-COM objects.
c. It enables you to automate the STA threading process.
d. SQL-DMO calls can be enabled and disabled by simple user commands.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!