By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
All answers to this quiz are found in the Feb 20-26 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #2
1. The author recommends performing these maintenance procedures weekly, except...
a. FS-08 - Indexing service management
b. CS-03 - Clusters: Server cluster management
c. FS-12 - Temporary file cleanup
d. PS-01 - Print queue management
2. This Windows Scripting Host script manages print queues:
3. The Distributed File System (DFS) require this service to be up and running:
a. Enhanced Allocation Services
b. Remote Procedure Call
c. Table Replication Log
d. Remote Event Log
4. When using Printer Location Tracking, the entire location name has a limit of...
a. 260 characters
b. 256 characters
c. 80 characters
d. 32 characters
5. The first thing you should do when verifying the state of your clusters is...
a. Run CheckDisk on each drive.
b. Check quolog.log for error messages.
c. Ping each node.
d. Open the System Event Log and scan for error messages.
6. File Replication Services supports automatic replication on domain-based DFS roots. But to do so, you must first...
a. Disable SONAR.exe to prevent I/O conflicts.
b. Assign a default root path for verification.
c. Create a staging folder for temporary files.
d. Disable ScrDFS.vbs in the Global MMC Console.
7. These two commands are handy for verifying/modifying file and folder security settings without affecting existing security parameters:
a. cacls and xcacls
b. sfcls and xsfcls
c. fbarl and xfbarl
d. secdk and xsecdk
8. The Volume Shadow Copy service is good news to administrators, because...
a. It eliminates the need for the Previous Versions Client on WinXP PCs.
b. If you press Ctrl-Shift-P, it opens a window where you can play Pacman.
c. It makes the vssadmin-command obsolete.
d. It enables users to restore their own files.
9. A collection of disks shared between cluster members is called...
b. Shared disks
c. Active Disk Resources
d. Virtual Server
10. Which statement about Data Disk Integrity Verification is NOT true?
a. You use the command "chkdsk <volume>: /f" to verify disk integrity.
b. CheckDisk can only run in real-time on nonsystem volumes.
c. CheckDisk can run whenever on system volumes.
d. CheckDisk need exclusive access to a volume during verification.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!