Looking for something else?
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #21
1. What is the proper syntax for WLBS.EXE?
a. WLBS command [Cluster:[client] [remote options]]
b. WLBS command [Host:[MAC address] [ARP entry]]
c. WLBS command [Cluster:[host] [remote options]]
d. WLBS command [Host:[MAC address] [client]]
2. How many different addresses can exist within a Class C subnet?
3. Network load-balancing has certain limitations, but this is NOT one of them:
a. NLB will not work in a Token-Ring network.
b. TCP/IP should be the only protocol bound to the adapters utilized for a NLB service.
c. NLB will not function properly on a shared hub. Use a layer 3 network switch instead.
d. All network cards used must be PCI-based.
4. What are the cluster control ports for UDP?
a. There's only one port: 1717
b. 2504, 2872 and 2977
c. 2504 and 2872
d. 1717 and 2504
5. Round-robin has a serious downside. What?
a. The DNS server doesn't know if IP addresses are online or not.
b. The speed increase is offset by a corresponding loss of scalability.
c. It will not function with a load in excess of the default 32 nodes supported by the NLB service.
d. Fault tolerance drops when the system is at 95% or more of max capacity.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!