How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #21
1. What is the proper syntax for WLBS.EXE?
a. WLBS command [Cluster:[client] [remote options]]
b. WLBS command [Host:[MAC address] [ARP entry]]
c. WLBS command [Cluster:[host] [remote options]]
d. WLBS command [Host:[MAC address] [client]]
2. How many different addresses can exist within a Class C subnet?
3. Network load-balancing has certain limitations, but this is NOT one of them:
a. NLB will not work in a Token-Ring network.
b. TCP/IP should be the only protocol bound to the adapters utilized for a NLB service.
c. NLB will not function properly on a shared hub. Use a layer 3 network switch instead.
d. All network cards used must be PCI-based.
4. What are the cluster control ports for UDP?
a. There's only one port: 1717
b. 2504, 2872 and 2977
c. 2504 and 2872
d. 1717 and 2504
5. Round-robin has a serious downside. What?
a. The DNS server doesn't know if IP addresses are online or not.
b. The speed increase is offset by a corresponding loss of scalability.
c. It will not function with a load in excess of the default 32 nodes supported by the NLB service.
d. Fault tolerance drops when the system is at 95% or more of max capacity.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!
This was first published in July 2004