How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #22
1. Two new groups were introduced with the release of Windows Server 2003. Which?
a. Performance Monitor Users and Performance Power Users.
b. System Monitor Users and Performance Log Users.
c. Deputy System Administrator Users and Performance Power Users.
d. Performance Monitor Users and Performance Log Users.
e. Assistant System Administrator Users and Performance Monitor Users.
f. System Monitor Users and Performance Power Users.
g. It's a trick question - only Performance Monitor Users is new to Windows Server 2003.
2. Suppose you perform a normal backup on Sunday. Monday through Thursday evening, you perform incremental backups. On Friday morning, the server crashes and data must be restored. From where will you have to restore?
a. Sunday only.
b. Sunday through Thursday.
c. Thursday only.
d. Sunday and Friday.
3. Disk objects for monitoring had to be enabled using the "diskperf" command in Windows 2000. What is the command in Windows Server 2003?
a. Same - "diskperf"
g. It's another trick question - all disk objects are enabled by default in Windows Server 2003.
4. The following is NOT a benefit of volume shadow copy:
a. Files can still be written to during the backup.
b. Users can access the files during a backup.
c. Accidentally edited files can be restored to up to 10 previously saved versions.
d. Backups can be performed at any time without locking users out.
5. You're monitoring the DHCP server on the network and want to view all packets going to and from each server on your workstation. Which of the following is required to do this?
a. Network Monitor Tools
b. System Monitor
c. Network Monitor Driver
d. Event Viewer
6. What is the maximum number of servers that can operate in a Network Load Balanced cluster?
7. Clustering is nice, but you have specific criteria for applications taking advantage of the failback capabilities. These are two of them:
a. The apps must run IPX/SPX and specify where data is stored.
b. The apps must be able to recover from temporary failure and must be able to run NetBEUI.
c. The apps must can't run IPX/SPX or NetBEUI but must specify where data is stored.
d. The apps must be able to run both IPX/SPX and must be able to recover from temporary failure.
8. You can use the Capture Filter dialog box to create filters. This is NOT a valid criteria for filter creation.
c. Address pairs
d. Pattern matches
9. Which of the following backup types will back up all the files and folders that have changed but not reset the archive bit?
10. Suppose you're configuring the service recovery options for one of the services running on a Windows Server 2003 DC. Which three of the following actions can be taken if a service fails?
a. The service can be restated.
b. The computer can be rebooted.
c. The services that it is dependent upon can be restarted.
d. A message can be sent to users logged onto the server that the service has failed.
e. An e-mail message can be sent to the network administrator.
f. A program can be run automatically.
g. Duck out early and head for the golf course, then blame the intern.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!