By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #23
1. Baselining validates key analysis process parameters, such as:
a. Analysis matrix creation.
b. Measurement refinement.
c. Identifying and understanding operational processes that influence the analysis.
d. Elimination of obvious problems.
e. A, B and C.
f. A, B and D
g. All the above.
2. The following is true of each measurement interval's data file:
a. They cannot be initially analyzed independently, but must be broken down using MUtil.exe.
b. Path analysis is the only dependent on the external data that represents the constraint points between the components.
c. Applied constraints must be completely eliminated prior to each measurement to avoid distorting the readout.
d. Care must be taken so as not to interfere with non-coupled elements while applying discrete analysis methodology.
3. These are all key points of baseline data collection, except one. Which?
a. All counters and measurements must be running.
b. There must be acurate time increments for each node.
c. The type of allocation tool must be right for each node.
d. All clocks on the collection nodes must be synchronized.
e. The SNMP monitor must be manually synchronized to each cluster.
f. All the above are key points of baseline data collection.
4. This is NOT an inherent constraint between nodes:
c. Disk size
d. Link/port bandwidth
e. Aggregate bandwidth
f. Bus speed
g. All the above are inherent constraints
5. What is the first step of the author's recommended bottleneck resolution process?
a. Determine is the disk inefficieny is fully or partially caused by excessive paging.
b. Run a system scan to look for secondary bottlenecks.
c. Calculate how much additional memory is required to remove the memory bottleneck.
d. Check if any network adapters are dropping frames.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!