By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
All answers to this quiz are found in the August 27-Sept 2 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #27
1. The following is NOT a Best Practice for clustering configuration:
a. For clusters accessing a shared storage device, ensure that only the first node has access to the cluster disk.
b. Configure cluster disks as Basic.
c. Use multiple network cards in cluster nodes.
d. Always enable MSCS on servers running Network Load Balancing.
e. When possible, cluster certified applications.
f. Partition and format all disks on the cluster storage device as NTFS before adding the first node to the cluster.
g. Never use spanned volumes (volume sets) or Remote Storage on the cluster disks.
2. What does ISTG stand for?
a. Intersite Topology Generator
b. Internal Storage Topology Group
c. Intranet Topology Generator
d. Internal Storage Technology Generator
3. To take advantage of ASR in a disaster recovery solution, systems must meet certain requirements. One of these, however, is only partially correct. Which one?
a. The restored server must have identical hardware with the original server, with the exception of network cards, video cards and hard drives.
b. There must be adequate disk space to recover ALL critical files from the original server.
c. Disk geometries must be 100% compatible, without exceptions.
d. The ASR state file (asr.sif) must be accessible through a floppy, network or remote resource.
e. ASR only supports FAT volumes up to 2.1 Gb - larger volumes require NTFS formatting.
f. It's a trick question - all the options are valid.
4. When enabling Closest Site Selection, you use the DFSutil.exe tool. What is the correct syntax for DFSutil.exe?
a. Dfsutil /root:dfsrootname /servername /sitecosting /enable
b. Dfsutil /root:servername>dfsrootname /sitecosting /enable
c. Dfsutil /root:servername>dss /sitecosting /enable
d. Dfsutil /root:dfsrootname servername> /sitecosting /enable
5. This is NOT supported by Remote Storage:
a. SCSI class 4mm
b. SCSI class 8mm
c. QIC tape libraries
d. Any magneto-optical device supported by Removable Storage
e. SCSI class DLT
d. All the above are supported
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!