All answers to this quiz are found in the March 5-11 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #4
1. When upgrading a computer as a DC on an existing domain, local accounts will be:
a. Deleted, including cryptographic keys.
b. Moved to a temp folder.
c. Automatically archived (manually on Win9x or older).
d. Deleted, only cryptographic keys are archived.
2. All AD-generated SMTP traffic uses AT LEAST this encryption strength:
3. This statement about the infrastructure master is NOT true:
a. The infrastructure master updates username changes and group-to-user references to other DCs.
b. You should not run infrastructure master on a server with the global catalog.
c. The infrastructure master updates directory schema and replicates it to other DCs.
d. The infrastructure master is not needed in all networks.
4. What is the only instance where time is a factor in AD replication?
a. The GUID number is missing or incomplete.
b. One or more of the computers involved is running Win9x.
c. The version number is missing due to corrupt schema.
d. An existing item has an equal or higher version number than an incoming item.
5. AD domains can scale to virtually any size. What's the limit on NT domain structures?
a. 10,000 objects
b. 25,000 objects
c. 40,000 objects
d. 56,000 objects
6. After a printer is configured, shared and has proper security set, what action must be taken to publish it in AD?
a. Nothing - you're done!
b. Run a search for the printer in the AD Sites And Services console to auto-detect it.
c. Define and activate a transative trust between affected domains.
d. Look up the printer and choose "enable" in the AD Sites And Services console.
a. Can be moved between forests but cannot be removed if they contain child domains.
b. Cannot be moved between forests and cannot be removed if they contain child domains.
c. Cannot be moved between forests but can be removed if they contain child domains.
d. Can be moved between forests and can be removed if they contain child domains.
8. Which computer can NOT log on to a Windows Server 2003 domain controller?
a. Windows XP Home Edition
b. Windows 98, SP3 or earlier
c. Windows 2000, SP3 or earlier
d. Windows NT, SP3 or earlier
9. AD is based on this version of the x.500 standard family:
10. FQDN stands for...
a. Fully Qualified Domain Name
b. Frequently Queried Domain Name
c. Fully Quantified Domain Name
d. Nothing - it's a made-up acronym!
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!